Metal mesh screen is made of metal wire or metal sheet with a series of openings for sieving, screening, filtering or other industrial and commercial uses. The materials used to make metal mesh screens include carbon steel, galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum alloy, copper, brass, bronze, etc.
There are many types of metal mesh, and the corresponding product types can be selected according to the use environment or customer needs.
Types by manufacturing method:
- Woven wire mesh is formed by interweaving warp and weft metal wires by a loom machine, usually with square openings.
- Welded wire mesh is a grid metal welded by a series of parallel transverse and longitudinal steel wires.
- Perforated metal mesh is a sheet metal in which a perforating machine punches a series of opening patterns on a metal sheet.
- Expanded metal is a kind of metal mesh in which a row of cutting tools cuts a metal panel and expands a series of incisions to form diamond-shaped openings.
- Laser cut metal screen is a metal product in which a series of patterns are cut on a metal panel by a CNC laser cutting machine. Compared with perforated metal sheet, it can produce more precise and complex patterns.
- Etching metal mesh is the process of using strong acid or mordant to corrode the unprotected part of the metal surface to create a design of openings in the metal sheet.
Types by material:
- Carbon steel mesh: Usually low carbon steel, available grades include European S235JR (EN 1.0038), S355 steel; US ASTM A36, AISI 1018, 1020; Japan SS400; China Q195, Q235, Q345, etc.
- Galvanized steel mesh: Made of galvanized wire or sheet
- Stainless steel mesh: Available in AISI 304 (EN 1.4301 ), 304L, 316 (EN 1.4401), 316L, 302, 321, 904L, Duplex 2205, alloy 20, etc
- Aluminum mesh: Made of pure aluminum or aluminum alloy 2024, 5052, 6061, 6063, 7075, etc.
- Copper mesh
- Brass mesh
- Bronze mesh
- Nickel mesh
Types by mesh size:
- Coarse mesh: the mesh opening size is 0.5-2 mm (0.020-0.079 in.)
- Fine mesh: the opening size is 0.5-0.2 mm (0.02-0.0078 in.)
- Super/Extra fine mesh: the opening size is 0.02-0.2 mm (0.0008-0.0078 in.)
Applications of Metal Mesh Screen
Metal mesh screen is an extremely versatile product that is widely used in various industries, such as
- Petrochemical industry: basket filter, pipeline filter, candle filter, etc.
- Construction industry: exterior wall cladding, wire mesh facades, plaster mesh, infill panels for stair railings, non-slip walkways in factories, etc.
- Plastics industry: extruder screen packs
- Decoration industry: decorative wire mesh insert panels for cabinet doors, metal ceilings, metal curtains; hotel, restaurant room partitions, etc.
- Daily necessities: metal coffee filter, stainless steel coffee dripper, loose leaf tea infuser, stainless steel frying basket, wire mesh basket, Basket Strainer, disinfection basket, barbecue rack, hardware cloth, cold smoke generator, etc.